free counters

DROGBA GUNNING FOR ARSENAL

Didier Drogba returns to the side to face his favourite opposition this afternoon, when Arsenal visit Stamford Bridge.
Having sat out Tuesday's 2-0 triumph over former club Marseille, the 32-year-old is back, and looking to win after slipping up against Manchester City last weekend.
The Ivorian has an incredible scoring record against the Gunners, with 12 goals in 10 starts and two substitute appearances.
Drogba's memorable moments include two braces last season, the winner in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley in 2009, and two apiece in the 2007 Carling Cup Final and the 2005 Community Shield.
'I can say that I am a bit lucky because I scored a few goals against them,' he acknowledged. 'Every game is different. I remember some games when we played well against Arsenal, but this one will be a different one, I don't know how.
'It is a strange start to the season for me, I scored goals and made some assists but I am not really 100 percent yet with the surgery I had in pre-season so it is a bit difficult for me to catch up but I am doing my best and I hope that maybe in one or two weeks I will be better.'
There is no denying this is a huge game but so early in the season Drogba refuses to suggest it will help decide where the Premier League trophy will end up in May.
'I won't say [it is] critical because the season is long. Last year Arsenal were 10 points behind us and they came back and they were fighting for the league with three games to go, so it's going to be a big game, an important game, but not one that will say Chelsea or Arsenal will be champions,' he explained.
'I think we can beat anybody but we can also lose against anybody, that's football and you want to win when you come to the pitch but you never know if you're going to win or not.
'You can't win all the games, you wish you could but you can't. Teams like Manchester City are improving and spent a lot of money on quality players. Now they can compete with the big teams but we try to focus on our team and always try to find the best way to win games and also to entertain the crowd.'
Drogba certainly entertained in his last outing at the Bridge, when his swashbuckling display helped put Blackpool to the sword with four Chelsea goals coming in the first half.
A repeat against Arsenal looks unlikely but having seen them concede three at home to West Brom last weekend, he will not be short of confidence.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

MrRahmat™. Powered by Blogger.